Monday, June 13, 2005

Technorati Tagging - Niche Website and others

I have just been doing a little bit of searching on Google and noticed something strange that might be very useful.

I searched for the term "niche website" (without the quotes)

Now I expected to get loads of websites listed (my competitors), and for my blog to be completely off the radar.

I am however shocked... the first position was to Technorati's listing for pages containing the words niche+website

I clicked the link, they don't have any sites in that category.

I have discovered that Google really like Technorati, I mean really like!

Here are the terms I think apply (honestly) to this blog.


, , , , , , , ,

One other way described by Technorati is to include ref="tag" in all your links, then the link-text is automatically used for the tags. This is very easy to do with any blogging software.

What I am going to do from now on with every post is include Technorati tags and see how this works in getting some page rank. (a page rank of 0/10 is just so sad)

It might also be a very good idea for websites that have a RSS feed.

I am sure people are going to abuse this, but this can be a little secret for now between you and me ;)

From what I can see Google are placing a greater emphasis on the original source of RSS feeds, rather than syndicated content.

If you found this useful, please trackback